PSAC is offering members the opportunity to participate in WorldPride 2014 events in Toronto. Members will be chosen from each region to represent our union. Prairies members would join members from across the country as part of the PSAC delegation and participate in the WorldPride Human Rights Conference, June 25-27, and WorldPride Parade, June 29, to name a few events.
Please note: The dates for WorldPride conflict with the 6th Triennial Prairie Region Convention in Saskatoon, June 27-29, 2014.
- Members who can demonstrate their interest, commitment, or previous experience with LGBT rights and activism are encouraged to apply.
- Successful applicants will be required to participate in all events and document the experience through photos, video, and a blog on the PSAC Prairies website.
- Submit a report about the experience to the PSAC Prairies Regional Executive Vice-President and the Prairie Region Council.
- Collect and share materials from the conference and subsequent events.
Pride Toronto is the not-for-profit organization that hosts Pride Week, one of the premier arts and cultural festivals in Canada. Pride Week is also one of the largest Pride celebrations in the world, with an estimated attendance of over 1.2 million people celebrating the history, courage, diversity and future of Toronto’s LGBTTIQQ2SA* communities.
This will be an international celebration incorporating activism, education, and the history and culture of global LGBTTIQQ2SA* communities. Highlighting Canada’s continued progress in human rights, WP14TO also celebrates the diversity and dynamism of Toronto, one of the world’s most progressive and liveable cities.
Toronto will be the first WorldPride celebration ever held in North America, and the 4th such festival in the world. WorldPride brings people together from around the world to honour our past, celebrate the present, and inspire a better future for LGBTTIQQ2SA* communities everywhere.
* Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/Questioning, 2 Spirited, Allies
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please complete the attached application form. Applicants should also indicate if there is opportunity for funding or partial funding from another source.
Applications must be received by the office of the REVP by Monday, March 31, 2014 at noon via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (204-943-0652). You can also apply online.
All applications will be kept on file for consideration for future opportunities.