Winnipeg Area Council
Wednesday January 22, 2014
5:15 pm PSAC Regional Office
175 Hargrave St
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
Dawn MacAulay, Darlene McClure, Gus Mardli, Steven Cabak, Gloria Kelly, Matt Tijani, Christine McJannet, Rob Weins, Tracy Thor – PSAC Representative
1. Call to Order at 5:15 p.m.
2. PSAC Statement on Harassment agreed to by all
3. Adoption of Agenda – changes – addition of the Social Justice Fund Update, moving it into #10 spot and moving the rest down
moved by Dawn seconded by Steven all in favour
4. Adoption of AGM Minutes – Wednesday Feb 20, 2013
moved by Steven seconded by Matt all in favour
5. Chairs Report – attached
moved by Gus seconded by Gloria all in favour
6. Treasurer’s Report – 2013 Financial Statement and 2014 Budget
-suggested changes as follows – cheque #132 made out to S Jamieson should be cheque #133
2013 Financial Statement 2014 Budget
moved by Darlene Stephen
seconded by Steven Dawn
all in favour yes yes
7. Meeting turned over to Tracy Thor for the Election of Winnipeg Area Council Executive and swearing in
Nominee Gus By Acclamation
Nominee Steven By Acclamation
Nominatee Dawn By Acclamation
Nominee Darlene By Acclamation
Sworn in by Tracy Thor
8. WAC Rep to PRC
Because Matt was already in the position he automatically attends the Prairie Region Convention as a Delegate.
Alternate PRC Rep
9. Election – Delegate Prairie Region Convention and two alternates (if required after PRC Winnipeg AC Rep Elections
Nominee Steven Dawn
Nominator Gus Darlene
Seconder Christine Matt
It took two sets of ballots but the Delegate is Stephen.
Nominee Dawn By Acclamation
Nominee Christine By Acclamation
Dawn moved to have the ballots destroyed, Darlene seconded, all agreed and ballots were destroyed.
10. Social Justice Fund
Gus had discussed with Tracy about the funds that we have in the Social Justice Fund and they felt that Kookums Daycare was a good choice to re-allocate our monies. We’ll have to work with them to come up with a purpose such as a fundraiser to change our $500 to $3,500. They are fundraising to be able to move the daycare from the 4th floor of the building down to the main floor and also to purchase playground equipment. Gloria said she’d work with Gus on coming back to the Area Council with more information, possibly ask their contact to come and speak with us at our next meeting.
Rob made a motion to the above effect, Darlene seconded the motion
11. Prairie Region Convention Resolution submissions
Bring your ideas to the next meeting as well as anything your local or other committee has submitted. The more resolutions of a similar issue the more likely it will get passed.
12. Next meeting dates are as follows, with the understanding that they may not all happen, but we’ll try our best.
February 19, March 12, April 16, May 14, June 18
13. Adjournment at 6:30, Gloria moved, Rob seconded, all agreed.