PSAC Regina’s Women’s Committee Meeting
February 21, 2017
Call to Order 5:31
In Attendance: Sandra Ahenakew, Michelle Lang, Dani Aubichon, Debbi Bernhardt
o No Spending in January
o Bank Balance as of Dec31/16 $2,922.50
o Michelle suggests we lower meeting expenses budget line to $150
o Michelle suggests taking $1,000 from training budget item and move to Women’s Events.
o Total Projected Budget
o Add description to MMIW Mother’s Day Walk to include: $150 for Drummers, $200 for flyer, $150 for juice boxes
o Include description of Self Defense for Women for “all women”.
BUDGET AGREED UPON BY CONCENSUS
o Annual General Meeting Preparation
• Sandra will print AGM minutes from 2016 AGM
o Mother’s Day Walk
• MMIW Mother’s Day Walk will take place May 14, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. and open with a prayer.
• Sandra will purchase tobacco. Meet in front of Legs. Building.
• Sandra will find out the progress of the Inquiry
• Sandra will look for a speaker for the event.
• Michelle will create a Facebook page and then forward onto affiliates.
• Discussion about a sound system.
• Sandra will send an email to Martha and Keith at the PSAC office to ask about their sound system.
o Michelle spoke about Self Defense for women event – there is the option of having the event at the end of summer 2017.
Michelle moved to reimburse Debbi Bernhardt $40.34 for food purchased for the 2016 Self Defense for women event. Sandra Seconded
Adjournment at 6:08 p.m.