Winnipeg Regional Women’s Committee – Annual General Meeting
Tuesday – 10 January 2017 – 5:15pm
PSAC – 175 Hargrave Street
Attendees: Gloria Kelly, Nicole Papineau, Rachel d’Eschambault, Yvonne Hein, Dawn MacAulay, Sheila Hanson
Regrets: Valerie Denesiuk, Anna Goldfeld, Mona Simcoe, Darlene McClure
- Call to Order at 5:30
- Statement on Harassment accepted as read
- Approval of the Agenda, agreed
- Review and approval of minutes from November 2016 meeting
- With one minor correction, Dawn moved that it be accepted, Rachel 2nd’d, and all accepted
- Treasurer’s Report:
- Gloria reported (on Lorelei’s behalf) that our bank balance as of December 31, 2016 was $132.59, there are no outstanding cheques so that is what we start 2017 with.
- Chair’s Report
- Gloria provided her report. (See attached)
- Previous business:
- (i) Confirmation of who is attending PSAC convention from RWC
- Anna Goldfeld is our delegate (Rachel is delegate to the Equity Conference)
- There was a bit of discussion about the delegate situation for the Prairies Convention in June here in Winnipeg. It will be a bit longer before people find out if they’ve been chosen. The PRC has a meeting towards the end of the month and evidently they have some say in it.
- (ii) Sisters Yvonne and Lorelei volunteered at Siloam Mission on December 10th, and Sisters Serina, Sylvie, and a friend were there on December 17th (Frank Janz got the ball rolling on this but Sister Sheilagh was looking after the coordination of it)
- New business:
- (i) Work plan proposal for 2017 with proposed budget ask presented by Gloria. Sheilagh and Rachel also had proposals which Sheilagh will see about working into the proposal that Gloria presented and bring back to the February meeting. Might have to plan an event to fit the social justice criteria.
- (ii) The $2,100 from the social justice fund will be presented to the West Central Woman’s Resource Centre soon. They are most grateful to be able to finish equipping their kitchen so that they can help the families learn how to use the food that they have (immigrant families unused to Canadian foodstuffs) and then be able to take the prepared food home. There might be something that we can do for them in the spring with their garden boxes / community gardens.
- (iii) National Child Care campaign request from national – phase II
- Not much info at this time as Gloria has a conference call happening tomorrow.
- Election of officers for 2017. Here is the new Executive.
- Chair: Sheilagh Hanson
- Co-Chair: Yvonne Hein
- Treasurer: Nicole Papineau
- Secretary: Rachel d’Eschambault
- The Executive took the Oath of Office.
- Sheilagh and Nicole will need to attend the financial institution to be added to the account. Gloria and Lorelei will also need to be removed as signors from the account,
- Next meeting date is February 14, 2017 at 5:15 p.m.
- Adjournment at 6:30