Regina Area Council
June 7, 2016
Melissa Brandt – Chair Larry Skibicki - Secretary
Brett Pollard – Vice-Chair Satinder Bains, PRC Representative
Martha Johnson, PSAC Regional Representative
Regrets: Michelle Lang, RWC
1. The meeting commenced at 5:35 p.m.
2. M/S/C Brett/Larry
That the meeting agenda be adopted as circulated.
3. M/S/C Brett/Larry
That the meeting minutes of January 21 be adopted as presented; and, the meeting minutes of February 17 be adopted with amendment to item 2 to reflect that calls for the Federal Election Lobby Campaign were made only by Deanna and Satinder.
4. Melissa reported that effective April 30, 2016 the bank balance was $1,246.86. On April 15, 2016 a letter was sent from the REVP outlining outstanding action items related to Area Council’s financial reporting for 2015. Melissa met with Martha to review the package which was received by the Winnipeg office following which missing documentation was addressed.
5. PRC Update:
• Attended the 2016 Liberal Convention in Winnipeg; the main purpose was to represent all PSAC members and to raise/highlight issues affecting and/or of interest to PSAC members.
• The last meeting of PRC was held in Saskatoon in February; the main focus/discussion at the meeting was planning for the 2017 Prairie Region Convention.
• The callout for the regional racially visible conferences should be received soon.
• The next meeting of PRC will be in November in Calgary.
6. Melissa reported that the first planning meeting for the Labour Day picnic will take place on June 30 at the SK Building Trades office.
7. Melissa reported that she went to the Core Ritchie Centre for the SFL municipal election meeting which the REVP’s office asked she and Satinder to attend but the meeting had been cancelled and there has not yet been a new date identified.
The meeting adjourned at 7:00 p.m.