Minutes of the Saskatoon Regional Women’s Committee September 25, 2018
Attendance: Audrey Berlovan, Corinne McKay, Tasha Felix, Brenda Brittain, Desire Hainault, Janette Husak, Marine Liu
- Reviewed previous minutes Corinne will submit
Orange shirt day:
- October 30, 2018
- T-shirts are available at Central Urban Metis Corp (CUMFI) at a cost of 25.00
- SRWC is well represented in individual offices, this committee won’t do separate or additional activities
LGBT Networking breakfast
- October 23rd at Hometown dinner from 7:30-9:30
- Tickets available at no cost
- Will review making a donation to this organization once we have checked our financial statements
Babes who Brunch
- Non-profit organization - We are a collective of women who activate, cultivate and empower each other to live our fullest lives through real talk for real women
- Each Babes Who Brunch event begins with the intention to grow, connect with one another and become comfortable in the uncomfortable, and it is led by one fierce female keynote speaker who shares her insights, experiences and life story – aka #realtalk for real women
- Saturday December 15 10:00 – 12:00 at Calories Restaurant 721 Broadway Ave.
- Tickets are $45.00 – $55.00
- Please submit your name to Corinne if you are interested in attending SRWC will consider sponsoring an individual to attend or make a donation
- New campaign by PSAC to bring awareness to the public regarding the issues with Phoenix – TV ad available on YouTube.
- Website hereforcanada.ca – petition to sign please let all your friends and family now about it.
Active shooter Presentation
- Some have taken the course and all agreed it would be beneficial for this group to have the presentation
- Would like Nov. 20, 2018 as a possible date – Jackie to review.
- Unionism on Turtle Island – Calgary Nov 28-Dec. 2 – registration closes October 8 please sign up for the course all costs are covered by PSAC.
- Continue to monitor the PSAC regional website for all your training needs and if you would like to attend a course not listed please advise Louise Mardell at the Regional office.
- Janette will bring up the attendance at the SRWC meetings with the UNE executive to encourage participation.
- Upcoming Christmas social at the PSAC office – SRWC will contribute 200.00 and assist where possible.
No other business meeting was adjourned next meeting November 20, 2018 at 5:00 PM