Unionism on Turtle Island - Nov 28 - Dec 2, 2018
We are very pleased to open registration for the upcoming course: Unionism on Turtle Island which will be held in Calgary, Alberta. The course will begin at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday November 28 and finish at 5:00 p.m. December 2.
Registration begins August 27 and closes October 8, 2018
This course is for PSAC members who:
- are ready to work as an Ally in solidarity with Indigenous Peoples in their union, workplace and community;
- live and work in the Prairie region;
- have completed the TUB (Talking Union Basics) course or the NAPC (National Aboriginal Peoples' Circle) course, or have gained equivalent experience through being an active PSAC member;
- would like to learn more about the issues facing Indigenous workers;
- want to challenge barriers to diversity within the union and workplace.
The Unionism on Turtle Island course will bring together PSAC members from across the Prairie region for an intense five days of talking, learning, laughing, questioning and supporting each other. Participants will explore the history of oppression and resistance, Indigenous issues at the bargaining table, creating a representative workforce, and opening the union to Indigenous activists. This course will provide a comfortable and supportive environment in which participants can explore their attitudes, ideas and questions. Participants will develop strategies to encourage solidarity and build the union.