Edmonton Human Rights Committee Meeting Notice
July 27th, 2021
5:45pm - 7:30pm
VIRTUAL - ZOOM
Facilitator: Carm Chan
Hello Brothers, Sisters, and Friends!
Human Rights Committees are a group of equity members (Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities (PWD), Racially Visible, and LGBTQ2+) that take action on political, social economic and workplace issues that effect equity members. This committee mobilizes equity members to participate in the union and take action on issues establishing networks that link equity members to the union and to the community. They also work to advance real equality and make the PSAC an inclusive union.
Please join us for our next meeting on Tuesday July 27th , 2021 @ 5:45 pm via ZOOM. If you would like to submit agenda items please send an e-mail to Steve Sukhbir (email@example.com), HR Chair before the close of business on July 26th, 2021.
Please register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Call to Order
- The Meeting will start at 17:45 via Zoom by the Chair Steve Sukhbir
- Approval of the Agenda:
- Review and approval of the previous meeting’s agenda
- The last minutes dated 27APR2021 to be approved
- In favor
- 2nd by
- Financial reports to stand as presented as per bank statement due to Covid.
- Previous business:
- New business:
- Presentation by Corey Nash regarding systemic/institutionalized racism and discrimination of our members.
- Brainstorm for Kin Nelson on starting a Local HRC
8: Round Robin:
9: Next meeting date, time and location:
- The next meeting will be set for September
10: Agenda for next meeting:
- The meeting was adjourned at