Edmonton Area Council Meeting Notice
Thursday, October 28th, 2021
5:30 PM (MDT) - 7:00PM (MDT)
PSAC Area Councils are made up of members from different locals and components, grouped within regional areas. Area Councils are the political arm of our Union – they engage with and mobilize around various PSAC campaigns. Members also come together to lobby their political representatives, raise awareness of issues affecting our members, workers and the Canadian public. Area Councils also allow for discussion, collaboration and activism across Component lines. Area Council members also work with community partners, build links with other Labour groups and send members and resolutions to PSAC Regional and National Conventions.
Please join us for our next meeting on Thursday, October 28th, 2021 @ 5:30pm (MDT) via ZOOM.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Call to Order
- Harassment Statement
- Adoption of Agenda
- Welcome and Introductions Adoption of Minutes
- Committee Reports
- Treasurer’s Report
- Old Business
- Election of Delegate to PSAC Triennial Convention held April 2022 in Winnipeg
- Election for Position of Secretary
- New Business
- Lobbying (approach/focus that Prairies Area Council work as team sending the same message)
- Discussion on designing pamphlet (purpose to distribute to local at their Membership meeting, virtually and introduce what Area Council does)
- Volunteer Activities for Christmas season
- Next Meeting