Report of the Southern Alberta Geographic Representative to the Prairie Region Council submitted for the June 2014 meeting. This report covers the period from the last PRC meeting.
Southern Alberta Geographical Representative
I would like to report the following activities:
- Spring 2012 Southern Alberta Leadership Forum
- Spring 2012 Third Choice Campaign public engagement
- March 29 2012- Calgary District Labour Council Budget Watch
- April-May 2012 PSAC National Triennial
- June 2012-National Public Service Week- Plant gate and harper affected letter campaign
- September 3 2012- Labour Day Barbeque Calgary
- September 15 2012- National Day of Action (NCR)
- April 30th 2013 WAAA Campaigner Training
- May 2013 Calgary District Labour Council meeting
- May and August 2013 CLC Labour College
- November 2013, Citizens Against the Harper Dictatorship rally and speaking engagement
- November 2013, PSAC rally during Conservative Convention
- April 26, 2014 PRC General Convention Committee
In early 2012, I was appointed Southern Alberta Geographical after spending approximately nine months as alternate. The highlight of my time as Southern Alberta Geographical Rep was certainly being a part of the rally during the Conservative Convention. Although many other labour and social organisations participated it was the PSAC that lead the way in organising the event, which drew more than four hundred people and got national media attention. Aside from that, I was named chair of the Prairie Region Education committee and have relished the opportunity to support the development of our activists and stewards. Overall I am humble and grateful for the opportunity to serve as the Southern Alberta Geographical Rep.
Let’s have a great convention.
Southern Alberta Geographical Rep