You are invited to help build The Lethbridge Declaration - a grassroots Federal NDP campaign built by progressive Prairie people who want to live in an inclusive Canada that leaves no one behind, who feel urgent action is needed to push back on the direction Stephen Harper and the Conservatives are taking Canada, and who want to be involved in making that change happen.
- Prince Albert - Sat. Jan. 12, 10:00 a.m., 3551, 2 Avenue West.
- Winnipeg - Sat. Jan. 19, 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Ukrainian Labour Temple, 591 Pritchard Ave.
- Saskatoon - Sat. Jan. 26, 10:00 a.m., Station 20, 230 Ave. R South
- Calgary - Sat. Feb. 2, 10:00 a.m., Location TBA
- Winnipeg - Sat. Feb 16, 10:00 a.m., Location TBA
- Brandon - Sat. Feb. 23, 10:00 a.m., Keystone Centre (CKLQ 880 Hall #1-1175 18th Street)
- Edmonton - Sat. Mar. 2, 10:00 a.m., Location TBA
- Lethbridge - Sat. Mar. 9, 10:00 a.m., Coast Lethbridge Hotel and Conference Centre (526 Mayor Magrath Drive S)
- Regina - Sat. Mar. 23, 10:00 a.m., Ramada Hotel (1818 Victoria Avenue)
Anyone who is passionate about creating a progressive vision for the West and Canada is encouraged to participate in shaping The Lethbridge Declaration. We want to do politics differently and want a system that encourages participation, not discourages and disenfranchises people.
The Lethbridge Declaration is a document that has yet to be created. Through public gatherings across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta, progressive Prairie people will be able to connect about who we are and the issues that are important to us. Through those discussions, a document will be created The Lethbridge Declaration which will guide the work of the Federal NDP as we get ready for 2015 and a breakthrough across the Prairies.
Visit the Lethbridge Declaration website for more information on the project and other regional meetings taking place.
Lethbridge is a city that brings together different facets of todays West: growing diversity, new energy opportunities, close relationships with Aboriginal communities, and strong connections to rural surroundings. The diverse needs in Lethbridge require strong leadership to allow this diversity to thrive.
In an area that is traditionally thought of as Conservative territory, Lethbridge signifies the bold vision of New Democrats.
The Lethbridge Declaration intends to lay the ground work to carry the orange wave across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta in 2015.
Be a part of this bold vision and help create a progressive vision for the West.