Radisson Hotel - 288 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg MB
Deadline for receipt of your application: Friday, July 22, 2016
The objectives of the 2016 PSAC Regional Conference for Racially Visible Members are to:
- to discuss, strategize and mobilize on issues impacting racially visible members in their region;
- to share experiences and network with other racially visible members in the region
- to empower and inspire racially visible members to become active in their union, community and workplaces.
Please note there are limited spaces in this conference. Therefore, if you are accepted, it is the expectation that all participants fully participate in ALL conference events and workshops, or your expenses will be adjusted accordingly.
PSAC members in good standing and who self-identify as racially visible may apply to be a delegate to this Conference. Priority will be given to members who are active on racialized workers’ rights in their union, workplace or community. The selection of delegates will take into account representation such as geography, Component/DCL, youth, gender and other equity groups.
Local Certification: It is the responsibility of applicants to have their Local President (or a delegate of the Local President) confirm that the applicant is a member in good standing and supports the applicant’s participation in the conference.
Funding for Delegates:
Delegate costs to the 2016 PSAC Prairies Regional Conference for Racially Visible Members will be fully covered as per the PSAC Travel Directive. Costs covered are as follows:
- travel costs, including ground transportation;
- hotel accommodation costs for those outside 60 km of Winnipeg
- loss of salary;
- per diem for meals not provided;
- incidental costs for those in travel status;
- child care as per the Family Care Policy;
- costs related to accessibility requirements.
SELECTION OF DELEGATES
If you are selected as a delegate to this conference, you will be advised by email and/or telephone by August 10, 2016.
This registration package is available upon request in alternative format for those requiring accommodation, through the PSAC Winnipeg Regional Office by contacting us at 204-947-1601.
PSAC Policies are in Effect - No Smoking & Scent-free Environments. Participants are asked to refrain from using scented products & smoking only in designated areas during the Conference. Many members have severe allergies & chemical sensitivities to scents & smoke. We anticipate your cooperation with these policies. The Accessibility &Travel Policies can be found on the National PSAC website.