In attendance: Murray Pruden; Ben Lemon; Kim Haynes; Dave Burchell; James Somers; Steve Sukhbir; Denise Davey; Dragana Ristivojevic; Genevieve Babineau; Oneil Carlier
Guests: (Via Telecon) Marianne Hladun
Attended: Christopher Little-Gagne, Gloria Kelly, Jackie Nanali, Anna Goldfeld, Christine McJannet, Sheilagh Hanson
Regrets: Gus Mardli, Gunars Butkans, Dawn MacAulay, Melody Raabe, Lorelei Topnik
1. Call Meeting to Order 5:15 pm
2. Planning for Blanket / Coffee Drive
• Proposed date for February 2015• Assist people in the cold during the winter season• Theory began with blankets, coffee at dumpsters
3. Thoughts and Ideas
ATTENDEES: Lorelei Topnik, Jacki Nanali, Gloria Kelly, Chris Little-Gagne, Guntar Butkans , Gus Mardli, Darlene McClure, Dawn MacAulay, Lindsey Sparks (PSAC Advisor)
1. Call to order at 5:25
2. Roundtable to introduce ourselves
3. Reading of PSAC Anti-Harassment Statement by Jackie Nanali – request by Darlene that a large print copy of the Statement be made available and kept in the binder (and why is there not a copy in the boardroom?)
4. Additions to Agenda (MFL, Calendar / Mobilization, Activities of the Committee Since April Meeting).
The 2014 Fairy Tales Film Festival celebrated it's 16th season, May 23-25 and May 28-31, 2014 in Calgary, Alberta, and PSAC was proud to contribute to its success for the third year in a row.Together, the PSAC Calgary Human Rights Committee, the PSAC Prairie Region, the CLC and the AFL contributed $2,000 to the annual film festival.Timothy Hunt, GLBT Representative on the Prairie Region Council, coordinated the sponsorship and feels PSAC's involvement in events like this are important to the community at large.
Attached are two documents to assist Prairies Area Councils and Committees in preparing for and holding meetings.The sample agenda is a general template (Microsoft Word) for a meeting agenda that can be customized as needed by Area Councils and Committees. The agenda can be used by chairpersons for pre-meeting speaker's notes and secretaries to record the meeting minutes. The sample minutes (PDF) is meant to let the secretary or note-taker know what should be included under each line of the agenda.