Public Service Alliance of Canada
Regional Women’s Committee
Garden Project Meeting
May 17, 2017 @ Kim Cardinal’s home
Patty Jesome, Chair
Dragana Ristivojevich, Vice Chair
Kim Cardinal, Secretary
Charmaine Nelson, Treasurer
Kim Haynes, Member
Nina Babcook, A/Regional PSAC Rep
1. Patty and Charmaine signed the cheque for Unifor52A in the amount of $285.00 for the T-Shirts and headbands purchased, which were approved by Marianne Hladun. Fifty dollars was received ($25 for Kim Haynes and $25 for Kim Cardinal’s T-shirt).
2. Dinner was ordered for the committee the cost was $45.05, paid by Patty Jessome.
Kim C suggested writing a cheque for $250 for petty cash on hand and using this money to pay for expenses for the committee meetings. Rather than having someone pay for the expenses and then writing a cheque every time. This can also be used to purchase small items such as stamps, envelopes and such. Committee liked the idea and we will discuss further at the next general meeting.
Committee viewed the backyard and Kim C showed them the areas that she will donate to this project. Donated - a ground garden plot and 2 garden boxes.
3. Welcome - Call to Order – Patty called the meeting to order @ 6:00 pm.
4. Garden Project: The garden is scheduled to be planted on Saturday, May 20th @ 11:00 am at Kim Cardinal’s backyard. The Executive along with 6 volunteers for a total of 11 to help build the garden.
Seeds for the ground plot will be: Carrots, beets, parsnips and corn on the side of the fence. Seeds for the 2 boxes will be: Lettuce, cucumbers, radishes, peas, long green onions and purple cabbage. Tomatoes will be in planters and Potatoes will be planted on Kim’s family’s farm.
Item Person Action
Seeds Kim H
Patty Kim will take the Garden poster and ask a supplier if they would donate the seeds and tomato plants to the project. Patty will also work on a letter for Kim H to present to the supplier.
Seeds will be purchased on Friday.
Supplies: Twine, stakes, garden gloves and other items that may have been forgotten to mention. Kim C Kim will purchase these items at the dollar store and provide the committee with a receipt of purchase, any items not used will be returned.
Potluck lunch to be donated by Executive Committee
Patty – Leafy green salad
Dragana – Cheese Cake
Kim C – Buns for the hotdogs and chips
Kim H – Hotdogs, potato salad, ice tea and lemonade
5. Other items:
a. Watering the Garden Costs: Kim will always do the watering monitor how much she needs to water the garden throughout the season and prorate the cost and submit to the committee for reimbursement. Kim will also look at purchasing a water barrel to help cut down the cost.
b. Weeding the Garden: Committee/volunteers will meet on Wednesday evenings to weed the garden, first weeding will be scheduled for June 14th, 2017 @ 5 pm.
6. Next meeting(s): Time is 5:30 – 7:00 pm @ PSAC Edmonton Regional Office
May 24, 2017; June 28, 2017.
7. Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:20 pm.