Winnipeg Regional Women’s Committee
Tuesday – February 14, 2017 – 5:15 pm
PSAC – 175 Hargrave Street
Attendees: Sheilagh Hanson, Shelley Henn, Darlene McClure, Gloria Kelly, Nicole Papineau, Paula MacDonald, Rachel d’Eschambault, Anna Goldfeld, Dawn MacAulay, Diana Fred, Yvonne Hein
Regrets: Serina Pottinger, Loreilei Topnik
- Call to Order at 5:18
- Gloria reads the Anti-Harrassment Statement
- Motion on the Agenda (Diana, 2nded by Nicole) agreed
- Reminder of Prairies Convention in June
- Amendment of previous minutes regarding Siloam Mission volunteers; Nicole Papineau was missed from the volunteer list. (Amendments agreed and seconded by Yvonne)
- Treasurer’s report :
- Nicole stating we are still waiting for a full update. Final bank balance January 1st, 2017 was $132.59, and January 31st, 2017 was $56.20
- Proposed Budget review for 2017:
- Review of 2 business cases we wish to fund (Bibs/flags and workshop on domestic violence).
- Gloria reminds us that our funding requests need to include $ values for each activity and proposals of how these activities would benefit PSAC members.
- Unanimous decision regarding the purchase of 2 sided bibs, no flags, to order 25 from vendor Cavanadv
- Reminder of 10 or 12 DAYS of ACTION in December that lead up to the National Day of Mourning
- Reminder that Women’s Day breakfast is cancelled. Discussion regarding Women’s Health Fair on March 8th from 2-6pm
- Discussion on Self-Defence classes – suggestion to invite women from shelters and West End Resource Centre?
- Discussion regarding groups to join (individual memberships or as an organization) – a lively discussion ensued; Fund of $300 to be requested to cover RWC memberships in regards to womens’ issues
- Proposal of using the proposed “Women’s day breakfast, which is cancelled, towards She-Day tickets instead
- Donation drive -$400 + local office Drive for Flavie Laurent – details to be discussed at a later date
- Discussion on National Child care campaign that ended January 31, 2017. More to come. Susan Prentice suggested contact
- Reminder that child care costs associated to Women’s Committee are covered by PSAC
- Review of events in which to participate – Budget – Anna , seconded by Rachel – Unanimous
- New business:
- Direction of website – to be discussed in future meetings (point person, updates, etc)
- Engagement of women suggestions (bring a friend, new colleagues at self-defence class, speakers, AGM, desk drops, electronic newsletter, etc. Ways to identify ourselves) – ongoing
- Toiletries for women’s shelters, drive to offices to donate
- Next meeting Date: March 14, 2017 at 5:15 p.m.
- Motion to adjourn – Nicole/Sheilagh