Winnipeg Area Council
Annual General Meeting
Tuesday March 3, 2009
Gerry Pendulak, UTE 50031
Mona Simcoe, UNDE 50705
Blair Simpson, CEIU 50767/WAC President
Brian Monteith, UNDE 50705
Tina Matias-Bouchard, INAC 50235
Robert Reimann, CEIU 50770
Kelly Pendulak, UVAE 50044
Sam Barlin, AGR 50073
Alisha Bigelow, UTE 50021
Carol Selby, UVAE 50044
Darlene McClure, AGR 50073
Matt Tijani, AGR 50073
Monika Duggal, Regional Rep
Don Dudar, Organizer
1. Meeting called to order at 5:10 pm.
2. Guest speaker Timothy Hunt joined the AGM by teleconference. Timothy spoke about his position on the PRC and his goals as the GBLT rep for the PRC. The main items he wished to bring to out attention was:
a. National Day of Homophobia May 2009
b. Pride Parade June 2009
c. International Aids Awareness Day Dec 2009.
3. Gerry Pendulak spoke as the Geo. Rep for the PRC and his activities surrounding Bill C-10 this week. He also spoke on Bill C-10 and the effort to have the Senators “carve out” the pay equity portion.
4. Discussion of proposed changes to the WAC By-laws:
a. Removal of Sub-section 7 – renumber By-law 5 (sub-section 8 to 7 & 9 to 8).
5. MOTION: To accept the changes to the WAC By-laws
6. Minutes from the 2008 Winnipeg Area Council AGM were read and accepted.
7. President’s Report was distributed and read by Blair.
8. Financial Report was distributed and read by Matt.
9. Election of WAC Executive:
Election Results: Chair – Gerry Pendulak
Vice Chair – Matt Tijani
Secretary – Kelly Pendulak
Treasurer – Darlene McClure
10. Election of Alternate Area Council Rep for PRC: Kelly was elected.
11. Don spoke on his role on the PSAC as organizer.
12. New Business:
Proposed to have the WAC Financial Report audited for 2009 and in the future. It was decided to further investigate this proposal and bring it forward again at a future meeting.
Meeting Adjourned at 7:20 pm.
Monika swore in the new executive.
Next Meeting: TBA